Origin Capital Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you or that you provide to us on our website www.origincapital.ie (the “website“), or otherwise, will be processed and how we use this data.
Who “we” are
“We” refers to Origin Capital Ltd, and any of its subsidiaries, parent, affiliates (and their respective parents and subsidiary companies), funders, and any professional advisor of the foregoing.
Who “you” are
When we refer to “you” we mean any individual who is a promotor, director, shareholder or beneficial owner of the potential Borrower company.
How we collect information about you and your consent
We collect personal data when you apply for a loan as the representative of the potential Borrower Company.
We may record telephone conversations to verify instructions, resolve complaints and improve our service standards. Conversations may also be monitored for training purposes.
We only collect data about you on the website which you volunteer when you e-mail us or use our online feedback forms. We collect and process the following data about you:
- your name;
- your email address;
- the time and date of your visit;
- information you provide by filling in forms on our website. (This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to a service we provide, requesting information from us or submitting comments);
- we may request further information if you report a problem with our website;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- details of your visits to our website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access
When you access our website, your computer’s browser provides us with information such as your IP address, browser type, access time and referring URL which is collected and used to compile statistical data on the use of our website. This information may be used to help us to improve our website and the services we offer.
We use cloud technology to store data, which includes your information.
If you decide to proceed with our services or have any communication with us through or in relation to our services, you consent to our use of your personal data as explained in this Notice and any future versions of it.
How we keep your information secure
We are committed to protecting the security of your data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your data from unauthorised access and use. As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We have implemented strict internal guidelines to ensure the safeguarding of your data at every level of our organisation. We will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as necessary.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and may involve the transfer of data to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Those countries may not provide an adequate level of protection in relation to processing your data. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. In reasonably foreseen circumstances of transfer outside the EEA, we undertake to use all practicable and commercial efforts to redact your personal data.
Although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website. Any transmission of data is at your own risk. Once we receive your data, we use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorised access.
To protect your information access to the cloud technology is limited to those involved in the arrangement of your potential loan. We use security measures that comply with Irish law and meet international standards. These include computer safeguards and secure files and buildings.
How we use this information:
- ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- notify you about changes to our service.
- carry out statistical analysis and market research or to instruct a third party to perform this on our behalf.
- We may use your data to send you information relating to our services, events and products which may be of interest to you. If you wish to stop the use of your data for those purposes at any time please contact us (see contact us below).
- analyse your loan proposal and compile a credit application to present to credit committee;
- effectively provide our lending services;
- administer the services we supply to you and any future agreements we may have with you and to manage and develop our relationship with you;
- carry out searches (including verifying your identity, a credit search, judgment searches);
- keep a record of the loan process, as long as is reasonably necessary for the monitoring of the loan;
- provide your personal details to debt collection agencies and/or third party processors and contractors, who act on our behalf, if it is necessary for the performance of a contract and/or to protect our legitimate interests.
- satisfy our legal obligations to prevent fraud, tax avoidance, money laundering and terrorist financing *If you give us false or misleading information and we suspect fraud or other criminal activity, we will record this and may report the incident to the relevant regulatory authorities.
We may provide Google Analytics with aggregate statistical information about our users. We do not sell data to third parties.
We may use your data to send you information relating to our services, events and products which may be of interest to you. If you wish to stop the use of your data for those purposes at any time please contact us (see contact us below).
Your information and third parties
We may disclose your Data to third parties, in particular, funders or potential funders, who provide a service to us or in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Origin Capital, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
In circumstances where we disclose your data to such third parties, we contract with all such parties to keep your information confidential. We undertake to make all reasonable and commercial efforts to redact your personal information prior to disclosing any of your information to such parties.
Links to other sites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
Accessing and managing your information
Under the Data Protection Acts 1988 & 2003 you may request (in writing only) copies of your data held by us in our position as a data controller. We will provide you with a copy of the data held by us as soon as practicable and in any event not more than 40 days after the request in writing. There is a nominal charge (currently €6.35) to access your data. We may also request proof of identification to verify your access request. All requests should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or addressed to Origin Capital Limited, Marine House, Clanwilliam Place, Dublin 2.
If the data held by us is inaccurate, please let us know and we will make the necessary amendments or erase or block the relevant data as you request and notify you within 40 days of your request that the relevant action has been taken. All requests should be emailed to email@example.com or addressed to Origin Capital Limited, Marine House, Clanwilliam Place, Dublin 2.
We will only hold your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes of providing access to our website and related services to you or as required by law.
Changes to this privacy statement
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement from time to time in our sole discretion. If we make any changes, we will post those changes here so that you can see what information we gather, how we might use that information and in what circumstances we may disclose it.. By continuing to use our website and avail of our services after we post any such changes, you accept and agree to this Privacy Statement as modified.
Questions, comments, requests and complaints regarding this Privacy Statement and the information we hold are welcome and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or addressed to Origin Capital Limited, Marine House, Clanwilliam Place, Dublin D02 FY24. All requests will be dealt with promptly and efficiently.